The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
This PROVES I have no business cooking! I nearly burned the house down. Some of you may not know that I don't have a sense of smell and I only have hearing in one ear. As it turns out, cooking is one of the most dangerous tasks I perform. I was trying to be superwife and start cooking something besides Chef Boyardee and sandwiches...so I started with a boiler of rice. Then I went to love on my baby and I totally forgot about the rice!!!!!!!!!! I didn't notice the entire house was filling up with smoke. I went to put her bottle in the dishwasher and as I passed by the stove, I noticed the mess (needless to say the open flame below the boiler was still burning just as strong as ever). Then the smoke alarm started going off. I then noticed the entire house full of smoke. The lid to this pot had cooked itself on, so I just ever so casually took it outside and waited for Dan to come upstairs and start screaming. The wierdest thing of all is that he never even did the usual "You need to [fill in the blank] next time." Yes, he always likes to tell me what I SHOULD have done. Anyway, this is supposed to be about the cooking, not the husband. Ha ha. I moved the timer down onto the stove and made a personal commitment to start using it, as it beeps when time is up. I just pray I hear it the next time I forget I am cooking. Another incident like this may provoke me to give up once and for all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Looks like you should try the microwavable rice next time :)
Post a Comment