The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 01, 2010

This weekend, we hit an amazing milestone. Daniley answered a question I asked. This is how it went down:
I was sitting in the living room watching the news. Daniley had gone into the bedroom and I couldn't see her for a minute. I wasn't really paying any attention to her, until I heard a crying squeal. As I bounced to my feet, she came out of the bedroom and had some kind of liquid all down her front. My mind immediately went to possibilities in the bedroom, and all I could quickly come up with that's wet were baby wipes. She was sopping wet, so I knew that didn't happen from baby wipes. Then I panicked because I didn't know what it was. I scanned her for blood or other signs of injury. She appeared just fine. So then I asked her, in a panicked voice, "Boogies, what did you do?" She replied, to my dismay, "Dink Dink," as she turned and pointed to the now-empty glass of water setting on my nightstand.
There was almost no water on the carpet and the glass was empty. That pretty much explained it. Apparently she didn't appreciate a glass of cold water poured across her chest and belly. LOL.
Now I know you blog readers are probably thinking "Whoopti-Doo, she answered your question." But this was a first for us and I was absolutely speachless. I have been asking Daniley questions for 18 months and this is the first time I ever got a verbal answer.
She says tons of words, some are understandable and some are not. She is addressing people by their name. Yesterday in church Brooke was in the choir and Daniley went up to the front (we were letting her dance in the aisles) and yelled BOOOOOKKK. This morning Dan was pouring orange juice and we heard "O-Chay." She calls the pets by name too. She calls out the foods she eats (beyey=berry, yogio=yogurt, cacka=cracker, on and on). This is SO FUN! I cannot get enough of that sweet girl!!!

No comments: