Happy Thanksgiving! |
Thanksgiving this year was
bittersweet. Dan and I have spent every Thanksgiving night since the
beginning of time (OUR time) with his parents, even before we were
married. We used to (before kids) get up and go shopping early Friday
morning. Dan was building his tool collection so we'd go to Sears in
Midfield every year (his parents lived nearby), avoiding craziness
around the mall, yet still getting all the tools on sale. Eventually he
had every tool, but we continued our tradition. When the kids came
along, we continued yet....we'd still spent the night....Honey would
keep the kids while we would get up early and shop. This year, however,
everything came to a screeching halt when Dan's parents called and
stated they were traveling elsewhere for Thanksgiving. So instead of
big family gatherings on this Thankful Thursday, I cooked a nice
breakfast, hand rolled biscuits with all the trimmings, for my little
family of four. It was nontraditional to say the least. First time in
my life I didn't have turkey and dressing. Instead had homemade pizza. My brother told me the lack of company and good food was a dream Thanksgiving. haha. Yes I see the benefits. It was a nice day that
included eating, 4-wheeler rides, and Christmas trees. Honey still
offered to keep the kids but I couldn't stand the thought of being without them on Thanksgiving.
Friday we still got up and went shopping (NOT at 6am), kids in tow.
Despite the late start, I still got everything I wished for. It's been
a nice holiday week...5 days off. One thing I can surely say I'm
thankful for is a job! Ready to hit the ground running tomorrow!!
On
this Thanksgiving, it is a time to reflect on just how blessed I am. I
have a healthy family, a caring husband, a warm home, plenty to eat,
good friends, a brother and sister I wouldn't trade for just anybody, and awesome grandparents out the wazoo! I'm
blessed beyond measure!! Right now I can hear the kids' laughter in the
background. I'm not sure if anything could be a sweeter sound!
Sweet little precious baby girl. She's tall and skinny. Not like me. She's my inspiration. "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it." :-) Yes, I said big girl panties!! :-)| 2 sweet sisters that fight like a cat and dog, but love each other in ways words can't describe. |
| This one right here is the party animal. |
And when I've finished all the necessary chores, and crafted myself out, and played outside til the sun went down, and eaten like a pig, and done everything else I "have" to do.....my husband knows just how to call me into the living room to relax:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Next up: Christmas!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment