Brooke, (sis-in-law, mom to my new niece, bride to my brother) and I had a girls day out Saturday and decided to write posts about it without looking at the others' first, just to see how our perspectives differed. So here's my story: (You can view Brookie's by clicking her link on my sidebar, when it's updated.)
Saturday--we decided to get the girls together and do some shopping. My mom warned me we were crazy. I packed one of everything, so hopefully no matter what went "wrong" that day, I'd have a solution in the bag. (Everyone does know that with 3 kids the day isn't going to be like a walk in the park, right?) After some amount of chaos, and a trip back for what we forgot, only later to think of more stuff we forgot, we were on our way.

Stop #1: Chick-fil-A. It was a mad house; we had to park at NTB and walk to CFA (with 3 kids and 80 lb. of luggage). Daniley ran into the play area (which was great for me) so Little Darlin and I got the food and sat down. I went to retrieve Daniley and I saw her before I got there. "OH MY GOSH!" I exclaimed! I heard some other parents say "Yeh we were wondering who she belonged to." Her pants were sopping wet. I was praying someone spilled a drink, but oh no. Daniley has never flat out peed in her pants, and she's been potty trained since well before she turned 2. I really couldn't understand what I was seeing but it was what it was so all I could do was deal with the mess. I just really wanted to get out of there without being seen and run away as quickly as possible. So I got the spare set of clothes and went to the bathroom (no spare panties, Commando). I was telling Daniley how upset I was with her and asking her why she did that (we had peed just half an hour prior). I said "Where did you pee pee at?" Reply: "In the car seat. In that hole." OMG. Well THAT situation just went from bad to worse. .... We sat down to eat finally and Daniley kept trying to drink my tea. I politely moved it to my other side and helped Daniley eat. I looked back over suddenly to find Little Darlin had swiped it off the table...it was upside down in her lap. At that point I just started giggling because Brooke is there and I'm supposed to look "experienced." LOL. Yeh she was getting the "experience" alright. So the lid was on and the spill wasn't too bad. I wiped her up, asked CFA for a couple plastic bags (because we were NOT going home!) and Daniley was just gonna have to sit on the pee in the car seat. So we get out to the car....and I'm ready.....but the car seat is dry. So I started perusing the carpet for pee. NONE. Everything was dry. I was perplexed. So again, I questioned Daniley. "Daniley, I thought you said you peed in your car seat. This car seat is dry. Tell me where you peed." Reply: "Mom, I peed in that car in Chick-fil-A, in the square hole." Well...it hit me like a ton of bricks. There's a car up in the play area. And by the way, she AIMED for that hole. That wasn't an accident. It was all coming together. I am so sorry world. Only a few times have I been more embarrassed. After we found out what really happened me and Brooke just died in laughter (even though it's not "funny"), and once again, we were on our way. It was off to get gas, then Hobby Lobby. Then JoAnn's. Then Costco. The rest of the day was pretty alright. (Really fun, actually.) It just takes a long time and a lot of effort to run around with a lot of kids. I wouldn't trade a minute of it.
After we got home I was holding Bentley and feeding her and Little Darlin' decided she would help:

And then she started drooling:

And then she decided she'd try to get her a bite.
Can't wait til our next outing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment