The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Wow!  It has been a little while since I have posted on here.   My main excuse is that I have had some computer trouble (ok, like it was smoking!), and that particular computer is the one that has the camera card reader.  I don't think that my life is so interesting that anybody would care to read about it if I didn't have a picture to throw on here.  It's the pictures that make this interesting.  Well, that AND the 3 year old.  :-)
Things have been hectic lately.  I've been a bit overwhelmed.  Danslen is really clingy right now and I swear I can't get a minute to myself.  I'm either working at work or working at home; either way you slice it, it's work.  We all had the stomach virus last week, thank God, one parent at a time.  Beyond that, Dan had taken on an extensive project in the basement which left me alone upstairs for a couple weeks pulling my hair out!  Speaking of Dan, who is that?  I barely remember him.  Our last date night was in early 2011.  (Quite ridiculous!)  We will go out this weekend for Dan's birthday--I don't care if I have to run an ad in the newspaper to find someone to watch the girls.  This no-time-for-us crap is getting kind of old.  And just to be fair, if I wasn't so cheap I would hire a babysitter....but I would be so miserable spending that much money for a date that I honestly wouldn't enjoy it.  (I mean let's just be honest here, I'm cheap.  It's part of my success story.  You don't get ahead spending every penny you make.  DUH.)  And while I'm ranting....I've been doing some soul-searching lately.  Seems to me I have some friends who always have time for us as long as I'm doing the inviting.  News flash:  I'm out!  I'm on a quest to find some relationships that are a little more give-and-take, not just take-and-take.  Well I guess Maxine is a little moody right now....that's what happens when you get no rest..... I'm not usually moody, so please, just write this one off as well-deserved.  :-)

On a brighter note, Dan has promised me a motorcycle ride tomorrow evening.  My leg is doing great; I have a new motorcycle; and I DEFINITELY need some wind blowing through my hair!! I should feel blessed that we do get a couple hours on Monday evenings to ourselves while our kids visit Mawmaw.  However if she finds out I'm riding my motorcycle she might rescind the offer.  ;-)

No comments: