The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I just got back from one of the best weekends of recent memory!  We went to Buffalo NY, partly on business, partly on pleasure.  We saw a Great Lake, Niagara falls, and hundreds of houses built in the 1800s.  I was so relaxed it must have been the closest thing possible to drugs!!!  Dan and I had no one to entertain but ourselves.  Wow I never realized just how HUGE that is. We had SUCH a good time, and I didn't realize just how bad I needed a break.  We had not a day but a WEEKEND to ourselves.  WOW.  I'm totally refreshed!!  I absolutely LOVED this trip. I love it up north.  This side of New York, the people are actually friendly.  :-)

One of these pictures shows me contemplating a trip into Canada, stamping my passport for the first time ever.  I've never really wanted to travel abroad.  I got a lump in my throat and nearly started crying when I thought about leaving the USA.  Not sure why but I know I am blessed to live here.  So, I just stayed on my side of the border.  I'll get a stamp another day.

I LOVED Niagara Falls, and not just the falls but the entire park.  I just kept imagining myself on an innertube drifting along....then BOOM DOWN I GO!  I loved the surrounding areas too.  All the houses were old.   I picked out 100 that I liked.  I would love to renovate an old house but I don't have time right now.  
Maybe another decade.







No comments: