The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's been a little while and I've never been busier.  Some time ago I got this idea that I wanted to do a craft show.  I want to "repurpose" little children's outfits.  So I gather gently used clothing items, and monogram them for their new home.  I sell the clothes cheaper than new clothes, and comparable or very slightly higher than consignment prices, and the monograms are free.  I make a few bucks per outfit, parents save money, and have great clothes.  Well about a month ago I thought I should quit dreaming about this one-day-craft-show and actually DO IT.  So I have applied for one, and it's not juried so I'm hoping I'll make it in.  Announcement later.  In the meantime, I decided I'd test the waters by dabbling in online sales, so I opened a free facebook page about a month ago.  I haven't rested since.  WHOAH!  www.facebook.com/impressedclothing if you dare to look.  So this is the reason for my lack of blogging.  Well this and the rest of "life" that is happening daily.

This past week was VBS in Shelby.  We went to the closing festivities Friday night and the leader called Daniley up to the front to pray.  He said he had been touched by her prayer earlier in the week.  So I'm absolutely sweating bullets as he hands a microphone to my 4 year old who is famous for saying all kinds of random (often hilarious but true) things.  Yes, the same 4 year old who told me going in to church the other day that "My daddy has a penis."  (Please send Thank You cards to the grandparents for the new terminology.)  So anyway, she stands there for a second, but she's not shy, so I KNOW she is going to say SOMETHING.....and then it comes out:  "Lord, thank you for everything you have given us.  Please forgive us for the things we do wrong.  Help us to grow into what you have for us.  Amen."  And I couldn't have said that any better myself.  I have never been more proud.

While we were there Danslen took the stage.  She didn't even go to VBS, hates going to church, and always says "I want go home."  She is not overly adventurous unless it involves getting into something.  So I was FLOORED when she hopped up on the stage and started dancing.  She had the cutest look on her face the whole time.  I suspect the whole church was smiling at her because you just couldn't help but notice her cuteness!!! 

No comments: