We entered the classroom and the teacher had a little worksheet with some things on it for Daniley to do. (Locate your birthday on the calendar, find your table color, located your bookbag storage, etc). The last thing on the list was to let Mrs. Howanitz take your picture. So here we are. Everything went down with no problems.
And then afterwards Daniley (60+ lbs) tackles her with a hug. She didn't fall. Phew!
Daniley then goes back to her seat and wastes a few more minutes. Then after some time I told her it was time to go. This, this is where it all changes. Right here.
Daniley calls Mrs. Howanitz over for one last hug and a picture. I snap the picture (and unfortanately turn off my camera and store it on my side). Then suddenly Daniley takes both of her hands and grabs Mrs. Howanitz's face to give her a big smoocheroo. Mrs Howanitz, who naturally wouldn't want to be kissed in the face by 20 strange children, turns her head and leans back to avoid what she knows is coming. Daniley tightens her grip, and repositions her face back to the center. Mrs. Howanitz turns the other way to again avoid as eloquently as she can, but it's no use. Daniley further tightens her grip and by this time has pulled her skin and cheeks all out of position and
LAYS ONE ON HER,
thankfully on the cheek on not square on the lips.
I simply told Mrs. Howanitz, "I warned you."
LOL.
Then I giggled all the way home.
Thank you Sugar Booger for making my day a little easier!
I love you and I know Mrs. Howanitz is going to too!!




2 comments:
I can't believe she's about to start Kindergarten! I know she'll have a great year and every single person at her school will love her!
Thanks for sharing orientation with me. Sounds like it was fun for you'al.
Post a Comment