Tonight was something special....Daniley had her first slumber party. Our friend Sarah Katherine needed a babysitter so Mommy and Daddy could have a night out, attend a business party, and celebrate a birthday, all in one night! We were THRILLED to have Sarah Katherine spend the night with us. This is our story:
First, the two kids met when Daniley came home and some strange character was sitting in her high chair eating tasty milk and bananas! First the girls checked each other out!
After dinner, the girls read the newspaper to check up on the world news and sales for shopping this weekend.

Then, we went outside for a quick walk. Sarah Katherine rode in the sling. She apparently liked it very much! I think I'm going to send it home with her!


After this walk, the girls saw the wagon and begged to get in. So we gave it a try. We had a petting zoo, and then just a fun ride.


Next, Daniley decided she was tired of the stupid wagon, especially since she only got half, so she decided to JUMP OUT. And I caught her about an inch before her head hit the concrete, head first of course. Good thing I'm such a good mom. :-)

After that drama, we went in and had a quick play time!

I was considering not giving the girls a bath til morning. But I came to my senses and remembered how hectic mornings are with just one baby. Multiply that by 3. So off to the bath we went! Now I'm not sure, but I think this might have been Sarah Katherine's first big girl bath. And in the beginning, she really liked it.


Then, my little monkey started trying to stand up, and during this usual process, she took a few dives under the water, and once inhaled a little bit (I've been hoping for that so the water would scare her a little). Well, she cried. Then both the girls decided they were ready to get out of the tub! (Warning: Hilarious!)

After the bath, it was SK's bedtime, but she threw a little fit. So, I let her stay up just a little longer, and the girls had a little more playtime.

After this, I put SK in the crib again. She tried to throw a fit, but she was tired. So she just rolled over and went to sleep. (I might have given her a little extra milk to aid in this process!)
Now, SK's asleep and one baby is still wide open. I don't put much control on Daniley's bedtime, and I probably should. But I like to have as much time with her at night as possible! So, here's my little monkey.....(wow! that opens!!)

....and now we're off to bed! GOOD NIGHT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment