I have been "couponing" for some time now. But now I am a graduate of the Southern Savers official class, so I've upped the ante. I got everything in this picture for less than $14. That is 2 boxes of Rice Krispies, 1 gallon of milk, 4 Green Giant frozen veggies, 1 Sunday Newspaper, 1 bottle of Lysol Toilet Cleaner, 2 bottles of Lysol Multi-purpose cleaner with bleach, 1 bottle of Lysol Bathroom Cleaner with bleach, 1 bag marshmallows, 1 pack Publix wieners (for Fluffy, because they are gross, but they cost just 1 penny ), 3 packs Oscar Mayer wieners, 2 bottles Dove Ultimate deodorant, 3 cans of Betty Crocker icing, 2 (half gallons?) of Mayfield Black Walnut ice cream. Now, for you people who might be reading that aren't familiar with how much groceries cost....the deodorant was $4.49 each so think of it like buying 2 deodorants and a gallon of milk and getting everything else FREE! After this trip, I got in my car and giggled all the way home. JACKPOT! (If you want details, I saved $54 on this shopping trip.)
I am going to teach a coupon class to show my friends and family how to do this. If you are interested, contact me via phone, email, or facebook, or leave a comment here. When I get the class scheduled I will let you know. It will be free, and for friends, family, and coworkers only (not the general public).
Thank you to Jenny at Southern Savers for inspiration to pass the info along.




4 comments:
Good job, doesn't it feel great! I missed the marshmallow coupon on the box of rice krispies, now I may have to wait to make the rice krispie treats until marshmallows are on sale!
LOL.
I hit the same sale as well...I now have 4 cans of frosting, 8 cans of soup, enough cleaner to last forever, Cheerios for the whole school and 4 glade candles (among other things)! I ended up saving about 61%. Not too bad. Loads of fun to!
I want in on this!!! call me up or email me and let me know the details. Thanks
Post a Comment