The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

This weekend was wild. Daniley stressed me absolutely to my limits. I was crying by Saturday afternoon (due to events out of my control, with a little added stress from Daniley), and Sunday. We won't discuss Saturday, but on Sunday Daniley was whiney. I can't blame her too much because she has had a cold and hasn't been feeling well. But I was trying to cook and she was latching on to my leg. I put her on the counter and she fell off. Of course I was right there so I caught her. But I was thinking, "Good thing Momma is right here." Then I put her on my hip and continued to cook. She was grabbing at everything. When I walked over by the coffee pot she grabbed it while it was making tea (ie. HOT) and tried to pull out the whole pot. Luckily she didn't get burned, but by this time I was even more stressed and so I just burst out into tears. I'm working out some weekend child sharing so I (and the other couple) can get a little R&R. (My mom and grandma are off limits due to excellent childcare provided during the week! I love you both; You are so wonderful!!!)
Now that all this is written it sounds like a pity party. It's not! It's just my record of where we are right now...and to the people who always tell me how "together" I am....life sometimes just gets the best of me. It's motherhood; I love it; I wouldn't trade one minute of it for anything on this Earth!!!!

3 comments:

The Pruitt's said...

I think all Moms have been there and if they say they haven't, they're lieing. I hope this weekend is much better.

Jennifer and Jonathan said...

Welcome to true Motherhood! It gets the best and worse of us. BUT it is so worth it. You are not alone!!!

Christy said...

Don't worry...all Mom's feel that way (even if they never tell anyone). Our precious angels are just at THAT age.