I put Daniley down for a nap around 10am. I turned off all noise so I would hear her when she woke up. About noon, I checked on her by going to the door and listening. Sounded quiet as a mouse. If you crack the door, she wakes up because it squeaks. So no cracking. About 12:30, I checked again. This time, it was too long of a nap so I was going to crack the door. When I went to open it, it was locked. I did NOT lock it. I panicked. I tried to get a coat hanger and open it with no luck. By this time I'm calling Daniley and she isn't responding. I'm thinking, "Should I call 9-1-1, or Dan?" I know she's been up because she locked the door. I called Dan and he told me how to get in. First I couldn't get the door open, but finally I did (after more panicking). Dan asks me is this my April Fools Joke. NO IT'S NOT. I get in the door, and Ms. Mischief is standing over by my nighstand. She comes towards me and she's got something ALL over her. I do mean all over. It's on her face, in her hair, up her arms, on her clothes. Sometimes, it would do nice to be able to smell. I knew we didn't have anything too dangerous in the room so I'm thinking it's lotion or vaseline. I looked around but couldn't find any evidence. So we proceed to cleaning. But first, click on the pictures to see the goop in detail. (Make sure to use your BACK button or the blog will close.)
So we take ANOTHER bath. Wash hair twice more (that's 3 times today). I began to dry it and I realized we are in trouble. It's not coming out....for a while.... Then I tried to locate the Vaseline. I found it under her changing table. I knew that's where it was but why it never dawned on me to move that I have no idea. So when I find it, I also see she's pulled 100 wipes out of her wipes warmer, I guess to clean up...or maybe it was just fun. Then I find Vaseline everywhere. On the wall. On the changing table. On her shoe. On my nightstand. On my Pepper Spray. I know, go on and call CPS. On every door knob. On the outside of her passy. She put perfect petroleum handprints on Uncle Jerry's cookbook which I've been reading at night.
I cleaned up some of it and we just got the heck out of the house to enjoy the nice afternoon. Then we got to Chick-fil-A to get a drink and relax and play. The cashier asks me, "Is all that [wet hair] just from sweat?" OMG! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Well it does look like she just got out of the shower. I'm sure I have plenty of time to get a picture. It's not gonna just dry up. LOL.
I've found myself cursing a little bit under my breath. Somebody better start praying for me as a parent because it's going to be a long year or two, these coming up.
UPDATE:
Today has been a funny day! Although it wasn't easy, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. We make memories one day at a time. :-) I'm glad I took off today and spent a beautiful day with a beautiful girl! We did make time for shopping and the park too!
Here's the condition of things in my room:
Here's the hair. It's not wet. This was after two washings.
So my revenge was getting the vaseline out. :) Someone told me to try cornstarch. The more I put in the harder I laughed. Here she is dancing about to go in the shower, the THIRD bath today. :-)
I've been laughing all day...believe it or not as I was going through the bedroom finding the vaseline on things I was laughing. But here's something that was a little extra funny: Today I told Dan that Daniley got into the vaseline and got it all over everything. His reply: "You have to watch her." Stupid reply. I guess he didn't take me seriously. I didn't go over everything in there with a fine tooth comb, especially on his side of the bed. So about 6pm tonight, when he got to looking, and realized the vaseline was also on HIS things, it wasn't so funny to him anymore. LOL.




No comments:
Post a Comment