The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dan's parents lost their house in the tornadoes. (They lived in Pleasant Grove.) As we were sitting watching to storms roll through, they called us to tell us there were some pants and shingles flying above their house. About 4 minutes later, they called again and all I heard was Dan ask "The house is gone?" Then he hung up. Then he said, "The house is gone." I kept waiting for the punch line. After a few seconds that seemed like an eternity, I knew there was no punch line. The house was gone.
We now have some live-in in-laws...I was wondering if there were any good comedy flicks to prime me for this adventure. ;-) On a serious note, we are just so happy they were safe. Other houses on their street were completely leveled. Most of their closets remained intact, allowing them to salvage quite a bit of their possessions. You could argue life couldn't get much worse, but for some reason I just feel blessed. Blessed to have them safe and sound!

No comments: