When I get all my pictures uploaded and catch you all up, you won't be able to reach the end of my blog....one of my maternity leave goals was to kind of 'get caught up' on a few things, one being getting my pictures organized, burnt onto DVDs, and put in the organizing box Dan gave me for Christmas IN 2009!! Still hoping to get that (among MANY other things, including painting a room or two) done....
Honey and GPaw have been living with us since the tornado blew through. Honey has been a big help, helping me with the dishes, laundry, and dinner. I know Honey and GPaw are stressed out. Not only are they dealing with the loss of their house, but there's a 2 year old Sugar Booger (becoming better known as "Crackhead") jumping around the house, singing Old MacDonald and Mary Had a Little Lamb at the top of her lungs, among other things. I have to know when you get in your 50s your nerves can't be like they were in your 30s. So I feel pretty sorry for GPaw especially, who seems to just want some quiet time. With that said, Daniley lives at 471 Oakwood Lane and life for her must go on. Thankfully Dan Jr. set Gpaw's TV up in the bar, and there's a comfy couch in there, and now half a sleep number, so it's ideal living conditions. (LOL, yes I'm kidding!) In addition to all the tornado drama, I'm on maternity leave, so there are a lot of emotions I'm having right now dealing with everything. This is not exactly how I had planned my days at home but no one can "plan" an emergency, else it wouldn't be an emergency.
I have to take this time to recognize my family who have called me numerous times to check on me and in-laws. My sister offered to spend her Saturday helping them pack up their house or do anything I or they needed. My sister-in-law (Brooke, Danson's new bride) even offered to cook and bring in dinner for everyone, perhaps for them because she is familiar with my cooking, or perhaps for me because I had just had a baby. ;-) My dad offered to bring his dually and pack up their leftover belongings. My mom has called to check on us numerous times, and my grandmother has done the same. I have to thank EVERYONE for your love and concern. Every day I love and appreciate my brother (wife included!!!) and sister more and more and I hope when they have been in need I have been there for them, and when they are in need in the future I can live up to the example they have set!
I hope soon things can get back to normal. Honey and GPaw are moving out of the Grove and are beginning to look for a new pad. I'm excited about the future. I think they are going to come out ahead, after all the dust settles. The plan is for them to get somewhere in between our residence and Dan's sister's. I'm thrilled about the closer location, not that any number of miles would ever stop us anyway!
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Saturday, May 07, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment