The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This is not how I like to blog. It's equivalent to CRAMMING. Save it all for the last minute then do it as fast as you can...
April 21--birth of Danslen Jane Connell
April 24--Easter
April 27--in-laws lose house in tornado
April 28--in-laws move in
May 7--Crystal's Wedding (out-of-town adventure)
May 8--Mothers' Day
And all the regular stuff in between.... Most each of these events have their own post now but they aren't necessarily in order. Things have been really hectic. Yesterday I went to Shelby to pick up Danslen (I worked, Mawmaw kept her) and while there I took a nap and spent some time on the farm just to gather my thoughts. My emotions with everything going on have been all over the place. Seems like one minute I'm happy and the next I'm sad. I've had a little more going on 2 weeks post partum than I had prepared for. However, things seems to be settling down, at least for now. I had a great time in Shelby yesterday where I walked, rode the gator with Brooke and Daniley, checked out the woods, watched my now-grown brother pull up trees with a tractor, and visited with my family. I also ate Mawmaw's cooking which really deserves a post all by itself. As I was spending time down there I had a series of random and unrelated thoughts.
--Money can't buy happiness; it comes from within.
--That true friends never fade is untrue...when a friendship is more trouble than its value, it's time to move on.
--I love Dan Connell Jr. and when duty calls he takes care of business. It doesn't matter what you think about it either.
--I LOVE Dan Connell Jr. Wait I already said that.
--I love that Daniley plays on the farm and has experiences there rather than sitting in a classroom all day. When I picked her up yesterday she was on Pawpaw's gator getting mad at the "aints" (ants) while watching him burn a huge pile of trees and brush. I'm pretty sure she inhaled no air, just smoke. She was dirty, with grocery store feet, and her fat cheeks were red and hot. I reminded me of me from times past. I love that there is lots of family to see her and spend time with her, and for a minute I wanted to move back home.
--There's no place like home. Now I will get to Crystal's wedding, the last of events to share.

First, IT WAS AWESOME. I had such a great time. Daniley was the flower girl and she was soooo cute (well I might be biased). She did great (in my opinion). When she got to the end of the aisle she did a little "dance" with each flower throw. She got applause. Then, at the wedding, she was tearin' up the dance floor. Even when the music went off, she kept dancing. Then Ring-Bearer Blake joined her and they looked as if they'd been practicing for months! (Turn your speakers on.)


Then here she is when they called for people to give toasts. She screamed into the microphone. Scared people to death! Me, for one.

In my pictures you will see a "Lovelady Sweets" sign. I made it! Yep, that's right.

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

No comments: