The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A few months ago Dan didn't show up at home on time. I am not a worrier, so I didn't call. Finally he rolled in a few hours later. Upon questioning, I got nowhere. Finally he admitted he went to look at a bike. The next day, he told me at 5am (on my off day, when I was still half asleep) he'd be going to buy the motorcycle he looked at the day before. I cried. I was scared. I know he's not an idiot but he has a need for speed ("I'll run it as fast as it will go just once" he once told me.) I was less than thrilled but figured "This is better than another woman."

Upon talking with his parents, his mom told me she used to ride a bike too. I was shocked. His Dad talked me into calming down, as Dan just needed a project bike. "Projects make him tick" he told me.

Advance 3 months. Mothers Day. We all show up at my mom's, Dan and Danson on motorcycles. Then my mother gets on my brother's bike and takes a ride. She tells us "I used to have a motorcycle." There I sat, shocked again. Both of our mothers should have never told me they rode bikes. That was clearance.

I generally don't take a "backseat" in life, so I finally asked for my own motorcycle. He opened up the paper and the perfect one was listed. It's a pretty low-powered bike, not much better than a scooter. You can't get on the interstate with it or you'll get ran over. I intend to ride it between Alabaster and Shelby, on country roads ONLY. If it scares me too bad, I might just get rid of it. But in the meantime, I thought I might join Dan in doing some things that HE likes. I hope he waits up on me......

No comments: