My in-laws moved into their new home tonight. I am so excited for them. They have been through so much in the past 35-or-so days. It has been a challenging time for them, as well as for me. I basically came home with a new baby and two in-laws all at once. The timing of the tornadoes could not have been worse from my perspective. My attitude, hormones, and emotions have been up and down, and all over the place. I am returning to work Monday and I really don't know where my maternity leave went. I am so sad that it's already over. When I think about it I find myself crying. After Daniley was born, by the end of 6 weeks I was ready to go back to work. This time I'm really not ready at all. But life needs to get back to normal, and "work" needs me. I do have lots of vacation time left for this year. I hope that I can take some time off to relax, something I don't do very often. I scheduled a vacation at the beach so I can sort relax and de-stress from everything that's been going on.
Honey and G-Paw have moved just down the street and I could not be more thrilled about that. I have always wanted them out of the Grove (Pleasant Grove, that is) and I'm sad that the tornadoes blew away their home but I'm thrilled "home" for them is now Alabaster. I never DREAMED they would live in Alabaster...well maybe I did dream about it, but never thought it would be reality. We are actually close enough that Daniley can ride her bike there (tricycle for now). We took our first trip there yesterday via 4-wheeler. It was so lovely.
Honey and G-Paw are great in-laws--and since I know you are reading--I love you very much....but I'm not gonna miss you for a little while. ;-) I know you are looking forward to some QUIET TIME which I KNOW you have not gotten here. Daniley is wild as a buck and Danslen cries when it's time to go to bed. I know you haven't gotten any rest since the tornadoes and I wish I could have taped up Daniley's mouth for the past 35 days. LOL. We wish you all the best in your new home. This is an unexpected time in your life for a new beginning. But it's very exciting nonetheless!!
Side note: Daniley is about to drive me INSANE and I can't get enough snuggles from Danslen. Anyone who wants Daniley to spend the night....just ask. :-D LOL.
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment