The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 04, 2011

Has your two year old ever just REALLY embarassed you? Not like Haha funny, like Haha NOT FUNNY. Something that happened back several months ago that I forgot to make a record of....
We had been at Alabama Adventure all day long. After that was open house at the dance studio. We've never taken dance so all this is new to us. Daniley was tired. We had played hard all day and there was no nap. However, she was behaving rather well. So about 6pm we got at the dance studio, and I didn't realize we would be buying her dance outfit that night. At this particular point in her life, she HATED anything tight, be it panties, shirts, pants, socks, anything. So.....we are in the dance studio and pretty much it's about 5 adults working there, and us. We start to try on a leotard and Daniley starts having a breakdown because the leotard is tight. Then suddenly she exclaims, loudly and madly, "THIS DAMN THING IS TOO TIGHT!!!!!" I heard her, loud and CLEAR. But I was so shocked, I said, "WHAT did you just say?" (Not that I really wanted her to repeat it.) The next two seconds seemed like an eternity, as I was too embarassed to look at ANYONE. As a parent, what are you to do at that point? Look up and say "She didn't learn that from me!" or "Oh please excuse my little angel." Or then again do you just yank them up and whip that butt? Wow, that one really caught me off guard...something I had not anticipated. Quite frankly, I didn't even know that she KNEW that word, better yet how to correctly use it. Honestly, I know everyone in there was looking at me like for sure this was every day language. I wanted to crawl under the bench, or at LEAST get out of there absolutely as quicly as possible.

About the next week, we were on our way back to Alabama Adventure and Erin and Sarah Katherine were meeting us there. Brooke rode with us too. We were talking about seeing Sarah Katherine and Daniley suddently exclaims, "If Zarah Kaffrin says 'damn it' one time her Momma's gonna spank her butt!!" Well that wasn't much of a learning experience at all because all I could do was bend over the steering wheel in silent laughter. LOL.

Daniley now knows that this is a bad word. If you say damn or dang, dern, dadgum, or anything like it you will immediately be reprimanded! Glad we got that cleared up and behind us!!

1 comment:

The Corams said...

OH my gracious that is hilarious!!! I mean, umm, a good teachable moment (but HILARIOUS! :)