The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm TOTALLY not in the mood to be blogging. But it's been a while, and I have family and friends that need this blog to keep up, so here I'm fulfilling my duty.
HALLOWEEN!!
Yes it's been almost 2 weeks since then but I've been running nonstop since. We had parties from Thursday until Monday. Thursday was our party at dance class. I guess the pictures are still on a camera card but there wasn't much to see anyhow.
Friday we went to Hoover's Veteran's Park for Trick-or-Treat and a hayride. Their hayride was pretty impressive. They had the woods decorated and people in the woods to scare you. We happened to be on the very back of the hayride (both trips) so Daniley was the target. Serious blog readers probably know by now the kid isn't afraid of much. I was concerned we might have our first scare-down, because they were pretty scary. But she tried to scare them back...and on we went.



Saturday...in the morning, Alabaster's Buck Creek Trail. They had trick-or-treating and a little craft show. We tried it out for the first time and it wasn't our favorite thing we did. Probably won't do it next year.

Next up...our favorite event of the weekend...The Payne Party. This was a first but was so awesome I have a feeling it won't be the last. What was so great? What wasn't? Campfires. Kids. Haunted House. Play room. Outside. Costumes. Snacks. Need I keep going? The invitation read, "Wear your costumes." So we did. Dan and I always dress up with our children. We try to do a unit costume where we all tie in to one theme. I requested no one reveal pictures of me on the internet because I typically will not disclose my costume until I arrive in it. Daniley was a bee. Little Darlin' was a flower. Dan and I were bee keepers. I was wondering how we (Dan and I) would fit in and then one day it just hit me like a ton of bricks (as things usually hit me.) :-) The most memorable part of this party was the haunted house. They had an empty garage out back that they converted. When we arrived I heard chainsaws. I suppose I considered that this could freak Daniley out, but quite honestly I needed to see what it would TAKE to get Daniley scared. I have never seen her scared. Well, as you guessed it, this did it. It wasn't the chainsaw the freaked her out though. When we first walked in, the first thing I saw was a monster with a 12" knife down his leg. She's aware that knives stab people because there is a scene in Snow White.... Then there were some scary clowns and other creatures. They took it easy on the little ones...they didn't jump out and such but I know she was freaked. I was a little worried that this could lead to big problems, but thankfully, it did not (no nightmares, crying later, etc). However, I did try to get her to go back through the Haunted House once more, just to see if she had any common sense, and I'm happy to report she does. She would NOT go. I could not DRAG her in. So at last, I found her limit. :-) We all had a GREAT time at the party and can't wait for next year. We won't miss it!!


Sunday. First Baptist Church of Pelham (Sarah Katherine's church). (My church did an event too but it wasn't convenient for us to make it.) We did not wear our costumes because I knew there would be slides and such and it wasn't worth the battle. We had a great time. They put on a really nice event. Thank you guys so much for inviting us.

Monday. HALLOWEEN. It's one of my favorite "holidays". I took the day off to just hang out with the girls. We trick-or-treated at Dan's office, had a nap, and prepared for a long, exciting night. First we started at LeLe's who has an awesome-isn't-enough-word party. Since Honey and G-Paw moved in next door, however, I was anxious to spend some time at their place too. So I decided we would split the night. We met at mom's and Daniley and SK played at the party and then went trick-or-treating. Before I blinked twice, it was time to go. I have to admit, it was hard leaving, even though I was very excited about Honey and G-Paw's. We have always trick-or-treated at their house, that wasn't new, but this time we would be there during prime time. :-) Their neighborhood was awesome!! Next year I'm going to plan better and hopefully have the girls a hayride! Honey and GPaw seemed thrilled with the HUNDRED OR SO :-) trick-or-treaters.

I can't wait for next year. Here's my favorite picture from all the events. Love this picture.
The only problem on Halloween--fitting it all in! Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: