Tonight as I was cooking dinner, I found the only butter we had was frozen. So I put it in the microwave with the steamed veggies to cook. About at least 3 minutes later, I remembered. $(%& I exclaimed. I ran over there. Too late. It was all melted...but at least we have a glass pan everything sets on. Not too huge a deal. As I was trying to clean it up...#(*$%& again. I got sidetracked with the butter and forgot to put the drip pan under the George Foreman. I was cooking sausage. Oh well, wood always needs a coat of oil to keep from dry-rotting. Since Dan was in the kitchen, I got to see his reaction to these things. WORTH IT ALL!
I swear I cannot help but laugh when he gets so uptight, which usually by the way doesn't help the situation at all. Earlier today I refilled this bottle of liquid that has to be inserted in our carpet cleaner upside down...I forgot it has a screw-on lid in addition to the gasket. I told Dan just to insert it upside down, but I was concerned it might leak. (Still didn't remember the screw on lid.) About 3 minutes later I heard him...$)(%** this #(%*#& is spilling out water. He went to my work station and found the lid. Me? Well I just hit the floor laughing. (Still didn't remember it....but my concerns were definitely valid.) It's times like these that I remind Dan his life would be totally boring if it were not for me. That frequently repeated phrase usually doesn't help the situation either. :-D
And last but just wait, there will be more tomorrow, he came up with this crazy idea that somehow we could get Danslen's eye drops in without holding her down and trying to pry her eyelids open. That technique has been mostly unsuccessful (she had pink eye). I laughed at the idea. He came up here where she and I were with his little bottle of drops. I just looked at him and said OK, when you come up with the idea, just let me know. I was already laughing at the thought of such a ludicrous idea. About 2 minutes later he came back in here with the eyedrop nozzle under a little monkey's arm. He told Danslen to watch the monkey as it gave her a kiss (it's a small finger puppet monkey). You could see her little eyes losing focus as it got so close to her face that she could no longer see its features. She was hypnotized. Then he squeezed the bottle....AND IN WENT THE DROP!! *$&%^#, exclaimed by me. Then once again I hit the floor laughing.
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment