The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

I want to diverge from the usual blog post here for a moment.  Yeh yeh, believe it or not, I DO have a life outside of my kids.  Small, but it exists.  ;-)
I want to talk about being 30-something.  It's great.  I often hear people talking about how they'd go back to being a kid.  Not me.  I'll stay right here where I am.  Wish I could freeze time.  First, I hope some young people read this, because when you set yourself up right and make good choices when you are young, the benefits are more than you can imagine.  I have enough money to be dangerous but enough good sense to keep me grounded.  Lots of people think it's shameful to talk about money.  I don't.  I think it's a necessity and if people talked about it more everyone wouldn't be in debt up to their eyeballs with high car notes and maxed out credit cards.  That life has never appealed to me.  I took school seriously, college nearly killed me (I worked AT LEAST 3 jobs the whole time and graduated first in my class.), and sacrificed a bit when I got married.  We bought land and lived in a trailer.  And it was awesome!  I enjoyed every minute of it.  It allowed us to make some investments that have put me in a position to now have a house big enough for all my hobbies including my kids, HA, and 4 other properties here and there.  I am not bragging.  I just want young people to not fall into the pit of "needing" doodads.  (Italian leather handbags, $100 jeans, manis & pedis, whatever "doodads" means to you).  Guess what?  I shop at yard sales.  Almost exclusively.  I drive an old car.  It's 9.  I hope it makes it to 19.  Guess what?  I paid for it with cash!!  I can have almost anything I want, but if it doesn't come from a yard sale, I probably won't buy it.  So do good, make good choices, and think about tomorrow instead of today.

Soon I hope to be on my motorcycle with my hair blowing through the Spring air.  I wouldn't go back to being a kid again.  I like asking myself, "Hey Mom, can I do that?" then answering myself, "Absolutely girl, you CAN!"  

Love to you all!

No comments: