This past weekend was crazy good.
On Saturday there was CityFest. We spent some time there after our normal Saturday morning family festivities. Lil' Darlin' rode her first "ride": Swings. She's not as brave as Daniley but I let her ride. Her expressions looked somewhere between scared to death and happier than ever. When the swings stopped she started crying. When she got to me, she was crying "More Swing!!" So, success on that.
Saturday afternoon was swimming with friends. (Sorry the lens was smudged.) This was a really fun time. The only think I hated was that we had to leave.
Sunday morning was church. We've had a tough time going to church lately because Lil' Darlin' screams the whole time. I am not overly concerned with her crying, but I feel bad for the workers and the other (well-behaved) children in her class. And, to make it worse they normally call us out of service to get her so we just gave up for a while. I stayed with her in her class and it didn't seem to help much. She stayed under my side the whole time (I discouraged) and when I went to change another kid's diaper, she cried. However, 5 minutes before we left she FINALLY started playing. So maybe we'll try again next week. 3 times in a row did it for Daniley at about this same age.
Sunday afternoon we spent more time with old friends. There are a few, a VERY few, VERY special friendships that I have where we don't see each other a lot, but when we do (and years may have gone by), we pick right up like we saw each other last weekend. My very best friend from high school holds one of these special spots in my heart and a few very special people hold the others. I wish we could spend more time together, but sometimes life happens, and things don't work out that way. But it's good when you do get a chance. Sunday afternoon we took full advantage of opportunity. Lisa and Rondah were able to meet my kids for the first time. And those old friends are still awesome, just like they always were!
Heck, I had Friday off too. I have no idea what I did. I can't remember that far back. LOL.




No comments:
Post a Comment