The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 01, 2013

WHEN A DUDE ASKS YOU HOW YOU LIKE YOUR ODYSSEY....
LOL.  True story:
I just got hit on at a gas station.  While I was pumping gas.  LOL.
So I've been swimming, my hair is totally yack, and yes, I'm in a swimsuit.  Translation I look like trailer trash and my swimsuit consists of a very covering tanktop and shorts that go halfway to my knees.  I don't let my stuff hang out.  I'm 32, with two kids.  And I'm white as a freakin' ghost.  The more covered the better.  This dude, approximate age 35 and not terrible looking but scaring me by his confidence and twinkle in his eye, comes out of the gas station with a case of beer (and one in his hand).  He's parked right beside me, on the opposite side of my pump.  

Ok, let's just take a pause here so that you can understand I NEVER get hit on.  I mean I have a better chance of winning the lottery.  I guess a guy can look at you and tell whether or not he MIGHT have a chance and rude or not I'm happy I give off the Get-Lost vibe.  There's only one man I desire and I married him.  And he gave off the Get-Lost vibe too just for the record so I had to work hard.  LOL.  

So this dude says, with the prettiest smile I have ever seen, "How are you liking your Odyssey?"  I respond, not to be rude but wishing I had my pepper spray in my hand, "I LOVE my Odyssey."  [ PS. My kids are in the backseat.  PSS.  If you ever want to look cool, DON'T talk about minivans.]  Then he says, "How are you liking this weather?"  Remember, I'm in my swimsuit.  "I'm liking it.  Summer has arrived."  Then he said something else and called me "Sweetie."  He is still smiling like a billy goat in a briar patch.  THEN HE SAYS, "You been working out?"  OMG!  What?  Did he REALLY just say that?  A stranger?  I look at his hand, yep, married.  "Not hardly," I reply with a grin, not that I'm flattered but I think it's funny how this conversation just progressed.  He said, "Well, you look like you have been Sweetie."  Yes, that was TWO Sweeties.  And in his Jeep he hopped and was on his way.  And in my van I hopped and locked the doors!!!!!!!!

No comments: