The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Adventures in Motorcycles
My motorcycle riding adventures lately have been quite a trip, pun definitely intended.  The last 3 times I had rode, I have had some kind of problem.  
3 x ago:  Dan rode me out of gas, told me the morning I left out for work.  I thought, no problem, if I run out, I'll put it on reserve and get to the gas station.  Well unfortunately when I ran out of gas, it wouldn't crank EVEN on reserve.  It's funny how fast your brain thinks in crisis.  As the bike went dead I was coming up on a coworker's house so I just pulled in the clutch and cruised off the road right up into her yard.  It was 6:00am and still dark at the time.  I was starting to worry Yvonne might come outside with a gun.  LOL.  Since Dan ran me out of gas I was happy to divert him from his route to work.  He came and jumped me off (turns out the battery was dead).  I got on my way.
2 x ago:  Going to Danslen's birthday party.  Bike in yard.  Dan is leaving in the van with kids in tow.  The dang bike won't crank.  Thankfully Dan has stopped to wait on me.  I get off the bike and holding back tears run for him..."My bike won't crank."  This was not such a pretty scenario as he got irritated with me and insinuated I didn't know how to crank a bike.  Well later he got out his volt meter and found the battery didn't have the correct amperage to do the crank.  I needed a new battery.  That scenario suited me fine because it gave us a chance to talk about attitude a bit....and for what it's worth my knight in shining armour has re-appeared over the last few weeks.  Love that boy 24/7 but I actually like him when he is sweet.  Haha.
1 x ago:  Rode my bike to work.  It has gas.  It cranks.  Ride in was wonderful.  I had Dan check my tires and everything that morning.  I am always just a little worried when I ride.  I wear all my safety gear and I look like a moto-racer in my suit.  (The gear doesn't do you ANY good if you don't wear it!)  So anyway, in the evening, I go to leave work.  I get on my bike, dressed out.  I ride 20 yards to a stop sign.  And I think, for NO reason, you know, I should do a "Safety Circle Walk."  That's what we do at work when we get in a vehicle.  I get off the bike, walk around it, and Lord have mercy I have a flat tire!!  I usually say a prayer each time I ride that I will arrive/return safely.  This time I didn't, but God was watching over me anyway.  Now by this point I'm just cracking up because I know I'm fixin' to have to make a phone call to my rescue team.  I had texted Dan 10 minutes prior and told him I was leaving.  I pull the bike back over under a tree, and decide to just get out my phone and text him a simple message:  "Houston."

Yes, he knows there is a problem.  

After finishing cracking up and finishing cracking jokes with the only coworker left on the property, my hubs arrives with an air compressor, airs up my tire, and rides it home safely for me.  An hour later it was flat again.  Today, new tires arrived. 
I love Dan Connell and I can always count on him to get me out of a tight spot!!  He's handy with the tools.  He learned most everything from his Dad, who is pretty wise too: "I'll teach him how to fix everything I can, then MAYBE some hot lil chick will come along and take him off my hands."  Great plan--it worked, for both of us!

No comments: