NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!!
Daniley has had some major accomplishments lately that I have not shared on my blog. I am so proud of her because....
At 20 months she could count to 10. About two weeks later, she was counting in Spanish (although not as reliably).
At 21 months she could correctly name colors, about 10 of them.
At this time, 22 months, she is talking up a storm. She is using cohesive sentences, many of which begin with "I need...." LOL. She is like a parrot, repeating everything, so be careful what you say.
And, the most exciting of all, at 22 months.......SHE IS USING THE POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My "goal" was to have her wear panties to her 2nd birthday party but we have met that with 2 months to spare. I'm sure some people thought I was crazy for trying to train her so early, but my efforts have paid off and I'm looking forward to not buying diapers anymore! At least for awhile anyway........ :-)
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Yay Daniley!! That's great I wish Katelyn would show a little interest in the potty. She tells me she doesn't want to wear big girl panties just diapers. How did you do it? I need her out of diapers before the baby gets here!
No secrets. Just make her sit on the potty and cheer when she pees. Could possibly bribe with 3 MMs per pee-pee. :-)
After a few months of just trying when we had time, I bought some training panties and let her pee on herself a few times. Once she felt it running down her leg and standing in it, she knew what she did! "I pee pee Mommy." Then it's scolding. And the bonus is to CATCH her in the act, then yell, make her stop, run her to the potty, make her finish.... 3 days later....we're peeing every hour in potty. :-) We started at 18 months but an older (communicating) kid might be quicker to learn. :-)
(You might tell Katelyn she can't have her baby brother til she wears panties!) :-)
Post a Comment