The Fish Tales continue....
Have you ever had one of those moments where you'd rather just say nothing at all rather than tell the truth, because you know the truth is unbelievable and people are just going to think you are nuts? This is one of those times:
One day last week, Mom had picked up Daniley and was passing by my office about 15 minutes before quitting time, so I had her just drop Daniley by here so I could save having to go pick her up. We arrived home about 5:15. About 15 minutes later, Dan came out of the bedroom giving me this strange look, one that I couldn't quite interpret. Then I got it...."Uh huh, Daniley tooooold me what ya'll did today." I'm looking at him like, ok, what? "She said ya'll went to the fish store and bought ONE fish. And that's funny because there are 6 fish in the fish tank. And she was with you this afternoon so it all makes perfect sense." In his mind, the case was closed. Just the thought that Dan actually believed this made me fall out in the floor all over again. After regaining control of myself, I tried to understand what was going on. I could not. We have looked in the fish tank for the missing fish 100 times + 4 hours minimum. Dan looked. I looked. GPaw looked. I thought someone was playing a trick on us. I'm still not too sure someone isn't. But that seems unreasonable. I have NO IDEA what is happening in our magic fishtank but now we have all 6 fish swimming happily. The only thing I DO know for sure....we have a 2 year old story-fabricator living among us, complete with details, hand motions, re-enactments, the whole bit.
PS. After many hours Dan still didn't believe I didn't go buy a fish. So to make a point, I said, "Daniley, did you go trick-or-treating today?" She happily replied, "YEHHHH!!!!!!!!!" I looked at Dan, raised my eyebrows, gave him a grin, and didn't say another word. HAHAHAHAHA.
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment