The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 01, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE SUGAR BOOGER!
This past weekend, Daniley turned 3. It was a magnificent birthday. LeLe gave her a tea party Saturday at brunch. 3 of her best friends came over and they did photos for all the girls. Each mommy got copies Saturday night at the birthday party! It was all I could do to keep my composure during the party. When I post a picture of it, you'll see why. It was perfect. If that was the only party we had, it would have been plenty. But...that was only half! Daniley had another party Saturday night for her friends and family. For her birthday, she got a new bedroom. Dan and I have been working on it for 2 weeks and keeping the door locked. You'll see in the slideshow as she was coming up the stairs. We had told her she had a big surprise. As we walked in, everyone yelled SURPRISE and Daniley was SO EXCITED. She loved her room. Then we had an outdoor movie night with friends. There is a picture in the slideshow with her little girlfriends that made it through the movie! I had so much fun. It was such a wonderful night with my family. In fact, we are already planning our next shin-dig (however you are supposed to spell it)! I bought the big screen with the intent of doing this far more frequently!
Now, back to that bedroom. Daniley has slept in our room since she was born. We were co-sleepers, because I breastfed and that kept me from getting up at night with her. Everyone told me how I'd never be able to get her out of my bed, but when we bought her a toddler bed and put that in our bedroom, she had no problems adjusting. You know, as a parent, I hear a lot or horror stories. But I've found most of it to be hogwash. I love my babies. Even if something IS a little bit of trouble (like hauling both of them around on Fridays to run errands, in and out of 10 places, carrying bags and buggies and carseats, it's okay with me. I LOVE them. I don't mind. So anyway, back to this whole bedroom thing (man I can lose control of my subject sometimes! LOL) the new bed was supposed to be for Christmas because we won't normally be doing birthdays this big. However, Dan wanted to get the bed out of his basement so we went ahead with it now. It's quite cute, shaped like a house. I had prepared for, I thought, everything for Daniley's birthday. The house was clean on time, the popcorn was cooked perfectly, we even had ice from Sonic. I thought I had prepared for every possible scenario, but I was caught really, REALLY off guard when Daniley exclamed, "MOM!! I'M SLEEPING IN MY NEW BED TONIGHT." I mean, yes, that WAS the intent, but I had not even spent one second preparing for that moment. The first night in 3 years she would sleep upstairs all alone. I looked at Dan with that "What do I do now?" kind of look. So...I got the extra mattress (they are BUNK BEDS) and bedding that I bought for Sarah Katherine :-) out of the attic...and slept cozy on the floor beneath...and we christened the room the first night together.
She has slept up there every night since. It was no problem getting her out of our room. Furthermore, she has came home each night and played in her room, all by herself, with all her wonderful new toys, including books, stickers, jewelry, tutus, mermaids, Dora toys, barbies, an entire Tinkerbell collection, NAIL POLISH (heavens don't forget that!).......she loves it all! Thanks everyone for a beautiful birthday!! Love to you all!

(I wish I could put these pictures in a better order. I haven't figured out yet how to take control of the order. A couple of the pics are of Daniley waking up after the first night in her new bed!)

No comments: