The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Well just as we were getting ready to go to Sarah Katherine's birthday party Dan let me know he was planning to stay home and watch the football game, which I had previously told him would be fine. However, I told him not to expect us home too early, because after the party we'd (me and the girls) be going out to eat without him, and then shopping to find fabric for Daniley's new curtains. That didn't really gain buy-in either so finally, I did a deal. You know, a DEAL. It worked. In the car he came. FOOMCL. We took the girls out for seafood. Daniley was really good other than telling our waitress, in detail, about the scorpion I found inside the house, and how I screamed like a girl and smooshed him with my shoe....and then when she finished she got so excited she stood up in her chair and yelled "DO YOU KNOW WHAT A BLACK WIDOW IS? IT'S A BLACK SPIDER WITH RED ON ITS TUMMY!!" All I could do (often) was laugh and hide. :-) We had a great time at Sarah Katherine's party but I didn't feel like taking my big camera and doing pictures the whole time. Sometimes its good just to be in the moment, and that's where we were....well, there, and in the waiting room keeping our eye on the football game. ;-)
Sunday was church. Our preacher is so wonderful...his message today was on living a joyful life. I've recently undergone some emotional/psychological testing through work...part of a leadership development class. I scored waaay, way high on happiness. I scored so high I wondered if Dan took the test if he'd score that high. Probably not, and I need not know that, because then I'd be all worried about it all the time. Anyway, moving on, here we are after church. Is it cool to dress your kids alike if they aren't twins?? These are the only matching dresses that we have, and I bought them long before Danslen was even thought of. They were at a yard sale for a buck or two, and I thought, well...maybe one day. :-) (Here we are!) :-)
So anyway, back to that leadership class...those started in February and have been pretty intense. As far as clothes...well Corporate Headquarters, where I DON'T work, has a new dress code that's pretty business-ey, and I tried on my suits a while back and they weren't CLOSE to fitting. So I had one maternity dress and one regular stretchy black dress and I've worn those two dresses to every meeting since February. The meetings are always two days (back to back) a month, so basically I wear the same thing every time we meet. So, we're taking a formal picture Tuesday morning for a publication, and a suit is required. So this afternoon, I thought to myself, "If that black suit doesn't fit, I'm fixin' to have to go shopping" WHICH I DESPISE! So I got it out of the closet and un-optimistically dressed myself...and guess what? TAAAA-DAAAA! Have a nice week blog readers! :-)

No comments: