The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Now I suppose I'm about as caught up on the blog as I'm ever gonna be. So that brings me into this weekend, which was nothing short of horrible. Wednesday I started feeling really bad at work, but I was able to make it through the day. I came straight home, threw up, and went straight to bed. I have been feeling a little nauseated during this pregnancy but nothing to complain about, as I know what true nausea-preggo-misery really means. I threw up with Daniley every day of the pregnancy. I was sick until the moment she arrived, and like someone flipped a switch, the moment she was out, I felt like my old self. Anyway, Thursday morning I woke up and immediately began throwing up, even before the teeth brushing which is usually what sends me over the edge. I got to work a little late, then had to leave again to come home and use my PRIVATE toilet to throw up some more. I took a 2 hour nap and then returned to work. At this point I was sure the pregnancy nausea had set it, and I was weeping uncontrollably because I knew exactly what I had to look forward to. Stayed sick into Friday morning, when I woke up with diarrhea, and at that point I knew 1. I had a stomach virus and 2. I had better get to the hospital to get fluids. Friday morning I'm at the house, in BAD condition, with Daniley. I'm sitting there knowing I'm in deep trouble and there's no way I can handle all this on my own. I called my grandmother and asked her to please come and just be with me and help me with Daniley. Within an hour, my Mom had picked up Daniley and me and my grandma were on the way to St. Vincents. The Dr. prescribed me Home Health Care, and after finding out the IVs were going to cost me about $1000, I decided to try the new meds for 24 hours and see if I could get some fluids down, which I did. The rest of the weekend was just recovery, trying to eat and get over the weakness. My mom and grandmother took good care of me and made sure I had everything I needed to survive this horrid, evil virus. And Dan, among a little griping here and there, did make delicious cinnamon toast. Thank you so much to those who have cared for me and checked on me while I've been down!!!

On another sad, sad note...I had to miss my nephew's 2nd birthday party! I was heartbroken...absolutely devastated, I can hardly type it up because it makes me cry all over again. :-(

4 comments:

Jennifer Connell-Weibelt said...

We are sorry you missed the party but that just means when you get to feeling better we can have another party with just him and Daniley!

Glad you are feeling better!

The Pruitt's said...

Poor Danica! Hopefully you are on the mend and maybe you won't be as sick this pregnancy.

Matt and Emily said...

I'm glad you're on the mend now!

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

i am so sorry. i know the evil virus is making it's rounds here. aiden, jax, and whoever it hits next. hope you feel better soon!

and, yes if we were to have a girl on my mom's side of the family she would be rotten.