Saturday I was feeling artsy so I made up a few things. The first is a sign for Danslen's door in the hospital. I used my Silhouette to make it and I even glittered the stork blanket. (I love glitter!) We will write the baby's stats on the bottom left hand corner. :-) The second thing is a little mailbox (the other side says "Special Delivery") and it houses a shower gift. If Momma Massey happens to be snooping around on here, well I guess your only surprise will be the contents. ;-) The last thing is a onesie for Danslen. I embroidered the front but it's a surprise so you have to wait for hospital pictures to see what I did. This will be the first outfit she wears (but probably not the most important). This one is just for a cute photo opportunity. :-)
Sunday I don't know if I was nesting or just tired of clutter but I cleaned out two closets and was happy to be organizing a few things. I got some junk out and re-organized Daniley's next season/size of clothes. I'm not sure how I'll organize clothes for TWO babies but one thing is for sure, I'm NOT stressing over it. I'll just figure it out as I go.
Finally on Sunday I had to attend a funeral for a dear person I knew as I grew up. Melvin was the dad of childhood friends, and the husband of my mom's best friend. It seems that I've been attending a funeral every two weeks for the last year. Perhaps that is the cost of having a big loving family and a lot of friends. It is sad to see my dear friends and family passing away. It reminds me just how short life is and that you best make the most of it while you can. Don't sweat the details...live large and love larger.




No comments:
Post a Comment