The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The only thing more fun than being a two year old....is having one!

Wednesday I took Daniley to Alabama Adventure. We had the BEST time!!! First we went to lunch, then stopped by McCallisters for cookies, then got in the water park about 11:30. We played in the water park area until about 4pm. Daniley played in the kids area the whole time (we never even saw the wave pool!). She did a decent sized water slide all by herself. (I went first to wait for her at the bottom.) She REALLY liked it. She didn't know about the rides until we left the water park and headed over the Magic City. First, carousel. Next, motorcycles. Then came Buzzsaw falls. That's equivalent to Splash Waterfalls if you're more familiar with Six Flags. Basically you go up high in a boat, and come crashing straight down and get all wet. I didn't tell Daniley anything about the ride. I didn't warn her. I just said "Crawl in the boat" and up we went. When we got ready to crash down, I didn't really know what to expect from her. To add a little drama I just said "Throw your hands up in the air!!!" and down we flew. She made it about 2/3 of the way with her hands still in the air, but she finally came to her senses and held on (of course I was holding only her the whole time.) When we got to the bottom, I looked at her. She looked at me. Then suddenly the reaction: "Bahahahahahahahahahaha. Mom LET'Z RIDE THAT AGIN!" Shew. LOL. I was soaked already and didn't want to be twice as wet, so we moved on. Next was the roller coaster. The roller coaster is about like the Mine Train. It is a short track (they take you around it 3 times) but it has some decent drops and plenty of jerks (again I held her the whole time). It was beating me up pretty bad but I was cushioning her so apparently she was ok. We had to ride that about TEN times. (Rolling my eyes!) Next was the bumper cars. She didn't too much care for those because she didn't like people driving into her. She didn't ask to ride that again. Next we did the airplanes. We rode those about 5 times. (There were no lines, so she could just stay on every time.) Then we did some little race cars and slow cars. Finally, the kids rides were over. It was only about 5:30 and we wanted to stay til closing. I thought about leaving but I thought we might just creep over to some of the bigger rides and see if she could get on. She was 1 inch tall enough. So......we got on a nameless ride. It was the one that goes around really fast and humps up and down. It plays music in it and I see the ride at most every fair. It is the one that slings you to the outside when you ride. It goes forward...then backwards. The place was jamming so I pressed my luck again and put her on it. Glad I did....it was probably the most fun 5 minutes of my entire life. I laughed absolutely until I cried and could not catch my breath. Daniley, instinctively now, had all hands in the air and was laughing so hard she couldn't speak. Just watching her, I nearly died. The only part I hated is that Dan wasn't there to see it for himself. It was hysterical. I tried to capture it on camera but the thing was moving so fast and I was being so smooshed that I couldn't really get the full detail in my lens. Needless to say, we had to ride that about 3 more times. Then she saw the Scrambler. Yes this is the adult scrambler. On she went. I wasn't so thrilled about having to ride it but I'll do most anything for my precious Sugar Booger. She wanted to ride it plenty more, but it started raining and they closed it down. Finally, we made it out and 30 seconds into the ride home, she was fast asleep (for no nap, she did VERY well). We didn't make it to the Ferris Wheel, but that's on our agenda for next time. There will be a next time very soon!

1 comment:

Brooke Thornburg said...

1. I love the sugar booger!!
2. I love the brown halter top bathing suite!
3. I want to tag along on the next trip. :-)