After returning home, Dan came home and took the girls while I had some time off ALONE. OMG! REALLY??? ALONE??? I never get that. Sometimes I wonder if Dan realizes how hard I work to keep everything rolling smooth at home. He helps me tremendously, but many things he does are outside and I watch the girls while he's working. He has time to just be by himself, even if he IS doing back-braking work, and I almost never do. So anyway, a couple of my friends and I met up. We hadn't seen each other, or at least had time to actually chat, in years! It was more than wonderful. I didn't make it in til almost midnight. Probably been a decade since I rolled in that late. LOL. Then Saturday morning it was back to reality. Up at 5:45am so I could have breakfast cooked for Honey's birthday. The biscuits turned out good (no surprise, I've been practicing!).
This was a drop-off for us, because after that we were on our way to the Vintage Motorcycle Festival. OMG, there was a 1960 red cycle with a red rocket side car.
I figure my family would kill me if I tried to put the girls in a sidecar! (Yeh, I guess it might not be that safe.) :-( From there, biker party at Downing's, where we had a hamburger and pretty much hit the road so we could rescue Lil' Darlin' from LeLe's. Daniley spent the night with Aunt Jo, and somehow, someway, she was GOOD, it was reported. ;-) They had a good time. When I picked her up today I stopped by Danson's to see Bentley, and from there I was talked into going to the Shelby Iron Works fall festival. Daniley ran around with Brayden (also now known as The Nephew, "Mom where's the little nephew at?" Always be cautious with that you tell her.). They played in the leaves and chased each other around until finally it was time to come home. Good wine and Chef Boyardee make a nice Italian dinner, except we didn't have any good wine, so there. HA! Made brownies...and now it's time for bed! Sheweee, what a weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment