The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 12, 2012

Well I don't have any exciting pictures....unless you want to see my knee split open and me drugged up in the hospital. I'll spare you. I am about a week and a half post-surgery. Physical therapy is doing me loads of good. I really wish I could just bend my leg and run like I used to but I know that will take time. My tibia was also fractured so I will be on crutches for at least 2 more weeks. It is difficult dealing with Lil' Darlin', because I can't pick her up and carry her. I have to rely on Dan a lot. I still do "half" the work, it's just a different half. For example, I can fix the dinner and fix the plates, but Dan has to carry the plates to the table for me. Because my hands are on the crutches, I can't carry anything. It's a drag. With that said, I've been shopping a few times to places that have those electric shopping buggies, and I am SO thankful for them because without them I couldn't buy anything if I couldn't sling it over my shoulder. Saturday evening Daniley and I went to Joann Fabrics and we got a scooter and shopped for THREE HOURS. (I'm still not over the fact that Daniley was content for that long!) Speaking of Daniley, she has been helping me out a LOT. If Lil' Darlin' is getting into trouble Daniley can move her into another room for me. Daniley also packed the car for me this morning including a car seat, laptop bag, work bag, diaper bag...everything but the baby. Getting up and getting both girls ready and into the car by myself is a huge challenge, especially when I am doing it by myself. That, however, is rare thanks to the wonderful family support that I have. My husband, grandmother, Dan's parents, and my mom have been a Godsend! I have come across a couple of awesome things through this: sitting in a chair in the shower is like heaven on earth! That hot water coming down over me for sure is sending up the gas bill, because I sit in there extra long. It's like a spa! Ooooh, I want to go in there right now. Also, I've had some quiet time and time to sew, and I've came up with some cute stuff. I was glad to go back to work today. I love working. I love my job, which is why I love working!! Hopefully this coming weekend we'll have more pictures to share. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: