A couple notes:
1st: Daniley sounded out and successfully "read" her first word yesterday. We were sitting at the counter and I was eating, paying her almost no attention whatsoever. Then I hear:
huu
ehh
rrrr
sss
hhh
ehh
ww
She had a mini Hershey bar in her hand. (She missed the y sound, since when you say it, you get a w sound first, duh). Anyway, I knew there was no way she could possibly get "Hershey" out of that but I made a big to-do about her sounding out each letter and trying so hard. I went back to my eggs and sausage, then I heard:
kkk
ihh
ttt
KIT.
Yes, that's what I heard exactly. I looked down and she had a Kit Kat bar. I could not believe my ears and eyes. I was so proud. It's like the moment when your hard work pays off! She successfully spelled and sounded out other words in the car (log, hot, sam, etc) that morning. We learn a lot of stuff in the car. GOOOO DANILEY! I have never been more proud.
2nd: Some of my readers may have links to their blogs on my sidebar. If your blog reaches a year since your last update, please don't get your feelings hurt when I delete the link. I see no point in using my real estate to link to yours if you aren't updating. Please, don't take it personally. :-)
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment