Happy Mothers' Day everyone. A couple months ago I was getting cracked up at all our mothers and I wanted to share some of their quirks, I mean GIFTS! ;-) I decided I would save those thoughts until today, MOTHERS' DAY. Enjoy the parody.
We've been blessed with alot of mothers. A lot. I have a mother. Dan has a mother. But wait, there's more. I have a step-mother. And I have a grandmother. Or two. As you can imagine, things get "interesting" at times.
LeLe--Fun Mom
Whether it's being the Queen of Halloween or the brains behind the next city parade, Fun Mom isn't going to miss a beat. The trouble that she goes through for a party is incredible. Sometimes just her talking about all her plans is enough to send me over the edge. I think at times she recognizes this. At that point she says nicely, "Just show up." The last parade she had a costume for Dan, and I was afraid to tell him he had to dress up like an Indian (Native American). LOL. So I just simply waited til we showed up to break the news. He's up there rolling his eyes....(but he's smart enough to shut up and get dressed!).....but like always, Mom's plan was thorough enough that she pulled it off perfectly. As usual, we ended up having a great time. When it comes to those Grandbabies, Fun Mom is going to be in the middle of the action, with costumes, props, and plenty of other ridiculousness but making sure those grandbabies, and their friends, are the stars of the show!
Honey--Spoiler Mom
Spoiler Mom is notorious for spoiling grandbabies. Every time we go to Publix now, Daniley thinks she is entitled to a trip down the toy aisle. Spolier Mom and Daniley go to Publix twice a month together and each time Daniley comes home with a little something new. Spolier Mom also gives them lots of JUNK but justifies it by saying "It's sugar-free!" Daniley will call Spolier Mom and invite herself over so she can get hot chocolate, cookies, ice cream, PEZ, and whatever else goodies that are hidden in that closet. If you see that Daniley has a little junk in her trunk, don't look at me or my junk. IT'S ALL SPOILER'S FAULT!!!
Mawmaw Nina--Clean Mom
Ohhhh sometimes I worry Clean Mom is going to have a heart attack that takes her on out of here when she comes to my house. You could have dinner on Clean Mom's floor. It would surely be cleaner than the surface of my kitchen table. Clean Mom's house is always dusted, vacuumed, and spotless, but Clean Mom never thinks it's good enough. Each time she has company, she says "Come on in....IF you can get in." A side effect of being Clean Mom is that Clean mom never gets any rest!! However, this might be just what keeps Clean Mom ticking. My kids stay with Clean Mom three days a week. I know that I never have anything to worry about. Everything is clean and safe. And the doors are always locked. And there's always a gun in arms reach. Take that you nasty criminals!!
Debbie--Unprepared Mom
Bless her heart, Unprepared Mom is just....not ready for all this. Unprepared Mom came into our lives before the kids were born. She didn't have any kids but did have a few neices/nephews. One of the prime qualities that got her through Daddy's "checklist" was that she didn't have any baggage. (Her looks didn't hurt her either.) About 5 years later.......out popped Daniley! Suddenly poor Unprepared Mom was thrown right in the middle of an attention demanding little baby calling her Grandma!! I say Unprepared Mom was lucky to get the grandkids without having to raise the kids. I'm told being a Grandma is far better than being a Mom. Well anyway, Unprepared Mom just learns as she goes. I usually have a spy out when she has Daniley anyway, so it's all good. LOL.
Mawmaw Imogene--Grand Mom
Mawmaw Imogene isn't as healthy as the other Moms so I can't really write about her quirks. She can't manage the babies alone. She's always very happy when she gets a visit. She loves all her baby girls (two of mine and one of my brothers). Mawmaw Imogene is a great gardener and she gives Dan good advice and has given him all her vintage gardening books. She also knows how to get by on the basics, like mater' sammiches. :-)
We love ALL our Moms!!!!!!! You make my life so much easier and awesome for my children. I always loved my grandparents more than my own parents when I was little (because they were FUN, CLEAN, SPOILERS, UNPREPARED, and GRAND!!) I know how much you mean to my girls and I am so thankful to have each of you in my life!!! Love love love love love love love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment