We had plans to go to Columbiana's Christmas parade Saturday afternoon. (Yes, that's two parades in one day.) However, LeLe called Saturday morning and said that she had fixed Daniley up a "ride" and wanted her to be in the parade. I saw no problem with that. Didn't know if she'd cooperate but I always try something before I say NO. (That's called gaining experience, and it makes you wise.) Anyway, her car was SO CUTE and she did fine until she passed by me, then she just wanted her Momma. So they exited the parade about half way through the loop. :-) She was definitely the cutest "float" in the parade.



Sunday afternoon I cooked (Dan grilled the meat) for Honey's late birthday lunch. It was delicious, at least I thought so. I didn't want "china" when I got married but I recently inherited some from Honey's folks and I wanted to eat on it for the first time on a very special occasion. It was very fine. And for those of you who think I can't cook--that's not at all the case. It's just that I don't usually want to. :-) When I cook I think everything should be fresh. Nothing comes out of a can. We had filet mignon tenderly cooked on the Weber, sweet salad with sugar roasted pecans, strawberries, and raspberries, rice pilaf with fresh onion strips, baked potatoes with all the trimmings, smoked mushrooms, rolls with cinnamon butter, and for dessert, berries with homemade whipped cream. For the first time in the pregnancy, I felt like I couldn't eat another bite. :-) Happy Birthday Honey!!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment