The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

Here is my FAVORITE STORY from this weekend.
We have two picture books that stay in the coffee table. Occasionally, Daniley will get one out and flip through it and narrate as she turns the pages. Last night, she got out the one that Maurice made for me. The first page has a picture of me holding Daniley when she was just a few days old. She got the book and laid under the Christmas tree, illuminated only by the Christmas lights. I sat watching and admiring her. She opened to the first page, and said, "Once upon a time there was a lovely Mom." Then she bent her head down and kissed herself in the book, and then she kissed me in the book. I am so glad I was there with her at that moment, and I hope I never forget how I felt.

No comments: