The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Friday, August 05, 2011
What have we been doing lately? SWIMMING. A lot. At Alabama Adventure, at Ruby's, at the Alabaster Rec Club, and points in between. Here is a video where I got a wild hair and decided to see what happened when we took Daniley's "floaty" swimsuit off and threw her in. Yes, I know, we're skinny dipping in Ruby's pool while they were out of town. I didn't do it on purpose, but I wanted to see if she could swim and the floaties are built into her other swimsuit, so when we lost that, we had nothing. The only way you will ever learn to swim, as I've told Crystal R. Burkle Lovelady many times, is to get your feet off the bottom. So, we gave it a shot. I was shocked how well she did, since she's only been ALIVE for two summers. Dan stood on the sloped part of the pool, so one step too many, and it's sink or swim. Do I think she would drown if she fell in the pool? Absolutely. Do I think that could change by summers' end? Absolutely!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
You know, the difference in Daniley and me swimming is that she actually looks CUTE flopping around in the water. But, I never said you were wrong about the deep end. I believed you. The other difference is that you'd NEVER let daniley drown. Me, not so sure. Hahaha!!!
Post a Comment