Wow! It's been an eventful weekend. Saturday after yard sales I came home and was going about my business when Dan's cell phone rang. He had been cutting grass and was laying down resting. I saw him stand up and get a sense of urgency about him. I saw his eyes well up and initially my mind went to one of our parents, and perhaps they were calling him to sheild me. Then he hung up and told me, GPaw had a heart attack. We didn't know anything at that point. Was he going to be the same GPaw we used to know? Was there going to be a GPaw at all? Dan went to the hospital while I stayed home with the girls. It wasn't too long until he called me and told me he was ok. I went with that, until he called me back and said GPaw was shocked five times while they were putting a stint or two in. He had 100% blockage in one of his main arteries.
So, what went right? GPaw's decision to go to the hospital at the onset of chest pain and sweating ultimately saved his life. After breakfast he told Honey "I've never felt like this before" so off they rushed. If they had waited any longer, we'd be at the funeral home right now. It's crossed all our minds....Honey and GPaw are new to Alabaster. If they had been in the Grove, would they have made it in time? Would the ambulance they would have called responded fast enough? Could this be an unforcasted blessing of being forced to move? To these questions we may never have answers.
Gpaw's prognosis is good. It's just been reported he has little to no damage to his heart. His arteries are pumping blood like they haven't in years. Every time you lose a loved one you always say "If I could just_________ one more time." Well I'm getting my one more time. We all are. I'm not ready to give up ANY of my parents. Praise God for a happy ending!!!!!!!!
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment