My Goodness, what a Monday!!!!!!!!
Chapter 1
My first ultrasound was scheduled today. I was supposed to leave work at 8:20. At 8:30 I was still trying to wrap up a project. I finally did get out of here, only to find my car wouldn't start. Then I found my lights still on. I got out my jumper cables and found someone to jump me off, only to learn my jumper cables were too short and wouldn't work. Finally I did get my car cranked and I was on my way. Time was getting short to pick up Dan so he was on standby-he might have to drive himself. I thought everything was gonna be ok. A few miles down the interstate, I see the lovely blue state trooper lights flashing in my rear view. :( I pulled off, put my head into the steering wheel, and just started balling hysterically. The trooper finally made it to my passenger window and asked me "What's wrong?" [Well isn't it obvious officer?]. I responded, "I'm just having a bad day." He inquired, "How so?" I said, "Well I'm trying to get to the Dr. to see my baby and my car broke down and now I'm being pulled over." I handed him my license and insurance card. He said my tag was expired. NICE. This happened last year. I swear the county must not have my correct address, I've not seen a notice yet. Tag expired in September. This is November. Then he asked me for registration. Well sorry, I decided some number of years ago that was worthless in my glove box (because they have never asked me for it before) so I took it out. I pretended to look for it. I didn't have that either. When I thought things couldn't get much worse, he asked me, "Do you have an insurance card that isn't expired?" OMG. Are you kidding me? I knew if what I gave him wasn't good, I had nothing else, but I pretended to look anyway. My insurance expired October 22. However I was confident I it was paid at least. I told him that (not like everyone doesn't), but anyway, I just continued to cry. I called Dan and the Dr., telling both I wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not. Please stand by. The officer finally let me off (easy). I got two warnings and a ticket...the ticket was for the insurance which he said could be voided by sending them the current proof of insurance. Sounded great. But I cried all the way to the Dr.
Chapter 2
Got to the Dr. Still crying. Receptionist is concerned. Waited. Peed. Watched a video. Waited. Counseled. Waited. Finally. Our turn. We arrive in the ultrasound room. I'm excited. Recall I've done the first trimester screening before. That's where they check for Downs Syndrome, Spina Bifida, etc. I was excited to see the blob. I remember seeing Daniley for the first time. It was Valentine's Day. She had hiccups. She was a moving blob. The moment the nurse put the thing on my belly, I saw the baby. What composure I had gained, I lost again. I knew what it was supposed to look like. That was NOT what I saw the last time. I heard the nurse say something with mixed confusion and excitement that I should remember, but I can't. I just was sitting there in shock. I could not believe what I was seeing.
Chapter 3
The next thing I saw was a big bone. Then I heard the nurse tell the Dr, "The femur is measuring 15 weeks." The Dr. came over there. "Who is your Dr.? Is this your first ultrasound?" I answered yes it was my first. The last Dr. visit I was only 8 weeks and we were just a tad too early to try to hear the heartbeat. He told me, "You're 15 weeks!!" I am supposed to be 11 weeks (and 6 days, so basically 12 weeks vs. 16 weeks). I sat there in shock. That would explain why the baby was basically waving at me on the ultrasound rather than just looking like a formed blob. I could NOT believe it. I knew immediately I was about to get an even bigger surprise.
Chapter 4
"WHAT IS IT?" The nurse just mostly ignored me. Nope, not going for that, I thought to myself. I know at 16 weeks it's possible to tell what the baby is. I gave her a few minutes and I told her, "You know what it is already, don't you?" She said, "Well I'm looking for other things." I said, "Well I'm not." LOL. I am still basically in shock at this point. I knew with a little begging I could find out the sex of the baby about 6 weeks sooner than I had planned. She moved the scanner around. She said "If the baby would turn and if I could get it like this....." Then she found it. She flashed it on the screen. I knew what it was. She confirmed it. Dan didn't cry this time. I did. I just couldn't believe I came for a test and left with a sex. Question is now, what do you think it is? Vote above. I'll be posting the answer very soon! (PS. If you already know the answer, vote for what you thought it was before you were told.)
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sorry you had such a horrible start to your day! Sounds like it ended on a good note, the suspense is killing me...Boy or Girl?? I said girl.
That must have been a nice surprise after a terrible morning! So, what is your due date now? Can't wait to find out the sex!:)
What a day! This will make a good story for his baby book. (My guess is it's a boy!)
Post a Comment