Dan and I are home alone tonight. We were talking and I told him I sort of missed living in my trailer. I said, "There was nowhere to go but here" as I stood right under him, all in his personal space. He said "Yeh, and people bucking me out of the shower and stuff." OMG!!! I forgot all about that. I DIED laughing.
Dan and I both graduated college making decent money, but like most newlyweds, we had humble beginnings. We spent our money on a big piece of land, but we lived in a trailer. An old trailer. A fixer-upper trailer. It was cozy. We were happy.
We both had to be at work at the crack-of-dawn. Neither of us wanted to get up earlier than the other. Neither of us wanted a cold shower either. Our water heater was small. So we woke up together and showered together every morning. It's not personal information. It was life, the best we could do. One morning, as we were changing spots (only one of us got the hot water at a time, the other one stood in trembles), I said to myself "I wonder just how much extra room we have. He's making me smoosh all up in this wall to get by." So as Dan passed by, I gave him a little buck. It was just a little buck.
OUT of the shower he tumbled. Upside down, on his back, screaming holy terror. He tore down the shower curtain. Ripped the rod right off the wall. And he grabbed the towel bar to save himself...and tore a gaping hole in the bathroom wall. When he landed in the floor he was wrapped like a present in the shower curtain. I stood there in shock, not believing what I had just done. I had to try REAL REAL hard not to die laughing and act all concerned. "Oh Honey are you okay??" Those were the good 'ol days. :-)
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment