The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

So last night while cleaning I got a question from Dan the Man while he was teaching Daniley how to play checkers. "Can you only move diagonally, or can you go over too?" GASP!! My Pawpaw would roll over in his grave if he found out I married someone that couldn't play checkers. So I answered the question and waited a moment before going in to find that Dan had their men (in this particular case Doras and Swipers, since it is Dora Checkers) on BOTH colors of squares. That's right, BOTH colors of squares, he just used the board however he wanted, I guess making it up as he went along and telling Daniley to whom it was as good as gold. So I think to myself, "Easy Win. Sit Down. Play the game." Victories over Dan don't come along that often. We clear the board, and Daniley and I play on one team, against Dan. I manage to swipe a couple of his men, get crowned, and rule the board. Then suddenly, I put my KING Dora right in the way of his Swiper. You should have seen the grin on his face when he jumped my beloved King. It was short lived, though....you should have SEEN his face when I fell on the couch laughing after jumping ALL his remaining pieces in one big swipe, claiming victory as my own!

No comments: