The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Daniley started school Friday so she could mind someone besides family members, wait she doesn't mind family members, ok, so she could learn to mind. ;-) And Mommy would like some time alone with Little Darlin' because I really haven't had any time to focus on just her. Here is our "First Day" adventure.

Before school, Daniley decided what she needed most for that day was Fluffy Tinkerbell, a sippy cup of water, and Polynesian sauce (from Chick-fil-A). I couldn't stand the thought of Dan dropping her off for her first day without me, so I took her myself. We arrived and she was the first one in her class. She will always have about 45 minutes one-on-one with her teacher because she gets there so early. (I like that!) Anyway, her teacher told her that her outfit was cute and she put her hands out to the side like a model and smiled and delicately said "I know." Of course I'm used to such responses but her teacher just cracked up. Her teacher said, "I can tell already, we're going to get along GREAT! She's my kind of girl!" Daniley then began to play. I stayed with her about 45 minutes. A couple more kids came in and they were making wooden circles. Daniley told a little boy she'd help him and he said "No, I'll do it." She said, "I'll help you. I'm great!!"
Daniley isn't shy and she's not lacking any self confidence either. LOL. Mollye Gray is in her class (there are a few we remember from the infant room). She is so stinkin' cute and when I picked Daniley up the teacher told me she and Daniley have very similar personalities. She said, "One minute they are hugging, and the next they are fighting." I stayed with Daniley about an hour when I picked her up. I read the little girls a story and participated in group time. I love her class and we are both really excited about this new adventure.

No comments: