The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 09, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Today was Mother's Day, and I was a little upset that I had no CARD for two years in a row. (You'd think they'd learn the first time, right?) A beach trip was my present and today we came home. I think Dan actually forgot it was Mother's Day until my grandma called and he heard me say "Thanks, Happy MD to you too." When I hung up I got another "Happy Mother's Day." Well anyway, this afternoon I mentioned to Dan about my (missing) card, then went out for some errands. When I got back, he had me a "card" (or a paper) with the most beautiful poem I've ever read. I was crying before I was done reading it. (THANKS for the genes MOM!)
Here's what my card said:
The World's Best Mommy
Of all the Mommies that I could have had
You are the best one...and that makes me glad
You don't mind poopy diapers or pee pee drawers
You don't even get mad when I pee on the floor.
Sometimes I make messes and even throw fits
But you still love me and don't mind a bit.
I love you so much, way more than Daddu
Cause you don't get mad at me, except sometimes when I whack you.
No matter how much I fuss and talk back
I will always be Mommy's Sugar Booger and that is a fact
I wouldn't trade you for all the Nummy-nums in the storE
And neither would Daddu (cause he told me before)
I hope you have a Happy Mommy's Day and had a good trip to the beach
I love you very much Mommy cause I know you love me.
Love,
Sugar Booger (and Daddu)
(Great, now I had to cry all over again typing it. :-( and LOL)

ps. the beach was AWESOME! :-)

No comments: