We've been on two vacations in two weeks. First Beach, then Disney. We had an opportunity to tour Disney almost for free, so we couldn't pass it up! (Daddy was at a conference in Orlando.) Daniley's favorite parts were the train, not necessarily riding it, but seeing it and hearing it. Late in the day I heard her say "All aboawd. Choo Choo. All aboawd." It's so cute. A little off the subject here but she's really started to talk. This morning she was trying to get my glasses. I told her No. She said "But I want dem Momma." When she says big sentences (that one was big!) it just makes me giggle. I have a feeling things are about to get hilarious as she continues to put more and more words together. So anyway, back on Disney. We went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. She was thrilled by the characters. We don't ever watch Mickey Mouse and I've questioned all the family and she doesn't watch it there either. So I was stunned when she picked up a pamphlet and yelled MICKEY MOW. That pretty much set the stage for finding him!
There were only a few moments when I thought I was nuts for doing Disney with a 1 year old by myself. One was the first time boarding the train. It was about to leave the station; we had arrived just in time. The attendant said "Fold your stroller and get on." So I had 2 bags, 2 drinks, and a 1 year old all in my hands, and now I'm supposed to fold my stroller up? Do I look like an octopus?? But we survived. I think about age 4 or 5 would be better to go to Disney. Daniley couldn't tolerate waiting in line. She doesn't understand it and she tried to run all out of the line, so I was always stuck holding her in my arms in line (and keeping her contained is always an argument between us). We had a GREAT time. But I think we'll have to go back in a few years so Daniley can get the "real" experience. For now, I think she has more fun playing in the pool. So we'll stick with the beach for a few more years.
I tried to put some captions in the images below. Click on the slideshow and you won't have to see the pictures "scooting." I don't know why my blog won't take up the entire screen. I'll work on that.
The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment