The daily happenings in the life of The Connells!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Today, Memorial Day, meant more to me than I ever remember Memorial Days in the past. Part of it is probably due to age, where you think more about what things mean, and part because one of my grandfathers passed away a couple years ago. He was a veteran in the Korean War and he was shot 5 different times. He earned 5 purple hearts! Not many people get shot 5 times and live to tell about it. He was one great and wonderful man and I'm glad to married to a man that is as handy as my Pawpaw was. I have missed him especially today on Memorial Day. He fought to make me free. So many people don't realize the freedom isn't free. Today I thank our troops and the families of those who made the ultimate sacrifice. On September 11 we were reminded that we are still vulnerable to threats around the world. We must be united and fight for what we believe in. Gooooo USA!!!

No comments: